Friday, February 17, 2012

Daily Expirements: Volcano in a cup

This is a fast, entertaining, fun experiment that helps you get the kids attention.
What you'll need:
1. Vinegar
2. Baking Soda
3. A clear jar/cup (duh)
4. A pan (so volcano juice doesn't get everywhere)
5. (optional) food coloring.

1st your going to pour some water in the jar/cup all the way to the top.
2nd mix in about a teaspoon of baking soda (BTW no utensils required just a bit of baking soda)
3rd pour in the vinegar until it overflows then watch it blow!

this experiment is NOT super messy so you can get close but its fun to tell them it's going to explode so stand back!

When I did this I used blue food coloring and called it a cool name like, The Blue Lighting!!! (Intense much?) because I couldn't find red. But it was SUPER cool! Now I always use different colors every time I come to babysit. Let the choose though. It's fun to come up with shnazzy names and they love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment